The Employee Ownership Association has recently released statistics that show a promising growth in Employee Ownership Trusts around the UK:
- There are 576 Employee Ownership Trusts as of June 2021
- 139 new Employee Ownership Trusts we started in 2020.
- Q1 of 2021 saw a record number of 72 transitions to an EOT (as of May 2021)
- Employee Ownership Trusts now represent 1 in 20 of all private company sales (others being trade sales and sales to PE) as of January 2021
- There are now 730 employee-owned businesses in the UK.
- Construction is an emerging sector for EO growth, now making up 11% of the sector and 18% of all transitions in 2020.
Here in Wales, we have helped a number of businesses from a range of industries transition to employee ownership. Find out how we helped them and why they made the choice to become employee owned in our case studies page.